Thursday 2 October 2014

IFELIZ CUMPLEANOS


Olaniran
A gasp and she comes sliding
Life hastens her steps like rollerblades
And everyone is sighing
Her lusty cry from lungs burst forth
That chubby cute cherubic face
Her grasping hands, her loving smile
And thus a star came falling.

The angel gazed from heaven
One of their own is sent to earth
And stern faced guardians with flaming swords
Attend her way to keep her secure.

Sure she mighta made boys cry
For fierce she was; a slender lily with a spine of steel
But, ladylike she mellowed too
And now compared to the grace she is.

Another year-long dance is here
I'll take your hand to dance some steps
As I wish you happy birthday
And enchanted candles glow
For this will smiles enchant your life.

Once again I wish thee well
To one endowed, intellect beauty
Your star wont fade but keep shinning
So let me hold your hand and whisper again;
'Felicades Senorita Temitope'.

Temitope
With life's first breath I shrieked
Felt subtle hands on my delicate skin
Heard strange voices and I freaked
My new environ wasn't so appealing.

I opened my eyes and saw Mama's pretty face
Fell in love first time she smiled at me
Though along the line I lost her lovely gaze
But later learnt some things are meant to be.

But thanks to my Maker, I made it to my third decade
Though sometimes life's lessons put me on the run
a perilous journey with detours of reckless escapades
But con la espada en la mano, I won!
Ifeliz cumpleanos Temitope.

Written on 24th March 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment