Tuesday 15 July 2014

Eureka! I found it! (Poem)


Let me delight to scream out loud, eureka!
I was made for this, thanks to my maker
I made it, my success booms like a firecracker
And my fame, it zooms like a fastwalker! 

I thirsted for so long to find my niche,
Anxiety thrust my heart, it made a breach
I longed for success, it was beyond my reach,
Confused, i seemed to have lost my power of speech!

Thought of giving up, but i had a strong will,
Could hardly let go cos i have a nerve of steel,
And with determination i struggled uphill,
Then God intervened and took the wheel.

Silly me, impatience had become my staple diet,
For i kept complaining; aren't we there yet?
But God hushed me and said; keep quiet!
It wont help if you continue to fret.

Then he lifted me up from the ground,
Glittering from afar, my destiny i found,
Wow! It's glamour and beauty held me spellbound,
Now you don't have to wondey why i'm screaming out loud...

Eureka! I found it!

-Temi

No comments:

Post a Comment