Wednesday 30 July 2014

My PEN

 
 
Every stroke, every dance, every sway/
My nifty nibbling masquarade makes/
Across the dunes of my endless page/
It goes raising dusty thoughts - a life time stain/
 
Every clay, every grain of word/
My dexterous Potter fashions or moulds/
Tossing and turning at very precise nods/
Biting tirelessly into fleshy pages untold/
 
It stems along the leaves of my lengthy book/
Striding majestically into terrains unknown/
Into every cranny, every nook/
Ever more careful each time it misses a step or so/
 
Oh mighty inkguist!
I marvel at your inking skills/
I shudder at how every tongue thou inkly speaks/
Standing atop of your slim noisy lips/
 
 
-Fayomi Olumide

2 comments:

  1. wonderful work of art! I'm glad some youths still appreciate poetry and literature in this computer age. thumb up Olu, and welldone Temitope, u are doing a grt job with this blog. I'm ur fan 4 life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, '''fan 4 life''... we are dedicated to giving you creative stuffs and we promise to bring to you so much more

    ReplyDelete