Monday 14 July 2014

MY DREAMS

I sat next to his bed in sorrow
With hope that he would awaken tomorrow
I touched his palm but lo and behold,
It felt stiff, pale and cold!
My heart burst, tears oozing out
'This isn't real', I murmured in doubt
I retreated to a corner away from him
The night was so dark, scary and dim
My mind wasn't ready for this reality,
With the thought of being a victim of such cruelty

He always gave me courage to overcome
Not minding how lazy I had grown to become
How could I let him die!
I couldn't help but ask why!
My hopes, the dream of my life was dead,
And I was convinced that was the end
Fear overwhelmed me like a chronic disease,
Now what do I do with the remains of the deceased?
I sat and stared into the thick darkness
Oh death! How could you be so heartless?!


Soon, out came the morning sun in all of its grace
Its rays caught the smile on my bereavement's face
My mind gradually began accepting the ugly Truth;
My beloved dream has returned to its roots
I began to offer him the last prayer
Reviving the wonderful moments we spent together
Tears of guilt kept oozing from my eyes
How on earth could I let my beloved die?!
I took his hand and kissed him on the forehead
How I wish I could raise him from the dead!

I carefully placed him in a casket, adorned it,
Placed the flowers of our memories on it
And foot by foot, in a barren land I digged his grave
As quick as I could, for the wind was beginning to rave.
I lowered him in, but realized he would feel lonely
For my precious dream, a grave would not be homely
So I carried his casket down to the ocean
Hurried down the shore, for it would be a rainy morn.
But oh no! Wouldn't he be eaten by fish?
If he could speak to me, that would be against his wish

So I took him and trekked into the forest
I felt If i could incinerate him, then his ashes would rest
I prepared a crematory pyre to perform the rite
I believed the best resting place would be this site
But as I was about to light the pyre
I realized he won't be able to bear the heat of the fire!
Again I carried him down to the mountain cave
I was rest assured it would be the best grave
But silly me! The lions will surely eat him up
It would be such a demeaning burial, so I gave up!

I held the casket in my arms, wondering what to do
Sweet dream, how can I give a befitting burial to you?
I returned home with the remains and kept thinking
Time was running out , darkness was approaching
I felt tired, it was already the late hours of the night
Then suddenly, the room was invaded by divine light
It was the image of my dream floating in silver white
So amazing, never seen anything shine so bright
Then I realized, the only resting place for my dreams is my heart
Only then can he be reborn, live again and spring out.

-Temi
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Damn!
    Technically written...

    I Love This!

    ReplyDelete