Monday 14 July 2014

MAAMI!

Who else can be like maami?
Her strength is more than that of an army!
My mother wasn't a monarch but she wore a crown,
the most beautiful woman i've ever seen, never with a frown. 


When people say to me, 'Tope you are a genius',
i tell them; you need to have seen/heard my mum, oh Jesus!
she was gifted in action, words and in deeds
and in anything she endeavoured she'd always succeed. 

She brought me down to this world with all her power,
in pain and agony, the effort nearly killed her,
but at last when she had her baby girl
her joy knew no bounds, more than words could tell.

Grateful that she won the battle, she was compelled
to name her baby girl Temitope,
and through my infant years i danced with my mother,
rocked and cuddled in her bossom so tender.

But alas! death did waltz her away from me,
like a blur, so swift, for reasons i could hardly see,
you needed to have heard me bawl, scream and shout,
for as little as i was, my mother's love i knew i cant do without. 

Though your departure a nightmare it seems,
it gladdens my heart that i still see you in my dreams
and no matter what happens, i cross my heart mum,
i'll stay strong and be the woman you always wanted me to become. 

I promise to make you proud maami! 

{dedicated to my mum, Juliana Adebola Oke of blessed memory}



No comments:

Post a Comment