Tuesday 15 July 2014

The Phantom


And it came again; the ugly, scary phantom,
It's source and course i couldn't seem to fathom,
With my heart racing, and my guts running behind,
It dwelled down deep, in the depth of my mind.

My fears were high, like the tower of a belfry,
All my defences it always seemed to defy,
For he visits me on the sly, playing hide and seek,
Sometimes i'm caught unawares and in fright i shriek!

What a ugly, scary being; like a bull he bellows,
Sometimes he booms like a dane gun, what a crazy fellow!
He bullied and frightened me, robbed me of my meals,
Often appearing in the highway, making me take to my heels!

And who shall get rid of this crooked monster,
That haunts and rids me of my joy and laughter?
Then i said to my grief-stricken self; 'yes you can',
Only you can chase away this ghost, and even impose a ban!

So with courage, i broke the bizarre wicked bond,
And to the call of joy and freedom, i began to respond,
Yes, i sentenced that beast to the pit of no return,
Thus, the 'Shaggy-dog-Story' of the phantom became forlorn....
.
.
Yes. my greatest fear; my phobia; the phantom...is now extinct.

-Temi

No comments:

Post a Comment